Objective C Native Application Developer
Deluxe EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
EFILM remains at the forefront of digital imaging for motion pictures. We continue to develop new tools and technical approaches that enable our filmmakers to turn their vision into reality. Our commitment to providing color accurate viewing environments
is the foundation for EFILM's suite of services and world class solutions that give filmmakers complete control over the look and feel of their feature films. EFILM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., www.bydeluxe.com
which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 6,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Objective C macOS Application Developer proficient in Objective-C or Swift with programming knowledge of Python. This position will be located in Hollywood, California. Previous experience with
developing or implementing OSX application is highly preferred . Come work with a small team in the heart of the entertainment industry. You will have the opportunity to build tools that will directly assist filmmakers and other members of the industry,
and push the boundaries of technology as it is used in the making of all your favorite shows, movies, and commercials.
RESPONSIBILITIES : Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Work with a small team to build a pleasant user experience on all Apple platforms.
• Design and write proposals for user interface layouts.
• Develop new applications from the ground up using Objective-C and Swift.
• Maintain and modernize existing Applications on both macOS and iOS.
• Convert older code to Swift as necessary.
• Design and write proposals for API, SDK, and other internal programing interfaces.
• Develop frameworks to be shared and used by several applications.
• Provide support when necessary for the products you are working on.
• Write software that communicates with other systems over the network, or with hardware APIs.
• Working with a Python backend to identify communication issues between client applications and servers.
• Write efficient code for live image and media processing.
• Profile and identify security flaws, performance problems, compatibility issues, and user facing bugs.
• Write Unit Tests and Documentation as necessary.
• Assist users and clients around the clock when necessary.
REQUIREMENTS : All candidates must:
• Have a BS or MS in a technical field or relevant work experience.
• Have extensive experience writing either Objective-C or Swift code, and the ability to read and interpret both languages.
• Working knowledge of Python.
• Extensive background working with SQL based database application.
• Be able to work effectively in team environments with people from diverse technical backgrounds (e.g. software, hardware, and image processing).
• Have basic knowledge of how iOS, macOS, and Unix systems work under the hood.
• Understand software engineering practices such as version control, code reviews, and testing.
• Learn quickly and have a keen eye for detail, with the ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and work well in high pressure situations.
• Have good communication and writing skills, as they relate to communicating ideas/requirements, and writing proposals/documentation.
• Be available to work during extended hours including weekends if required.
BONUS SKILLS : All of the following aren't required, but any related experience will be highly preferred:
• Industry experience in editorial, digital asset management, or preproduction.
• Experience working with AVFoundation, and the lower level media SDKs.
• Experience working directly with video and pixel encoding formats such as H.264 and YUV 422.
• Has a clear understanding of the CoreAnimation render stack.
• Understands how TCP and UDP connections work.
• Can propose and implement and easy to use API for internal frameworks.
• A good eye for visual design and clean, modern interfaces.
• A deep understanding of cryptography, safe coding, and security topics.
• Experience writing custom AppKit controls and user interfaces on macOS.
• Experience in real-time image processing.
• Has worked with neural networks and machine learning.
• Experience working with Apple TV, Apple Watch, iPad, and iPhone.
• Understanding of how server infrastructure is build, and distributing functionality across multiple machines.
• Experience working with C and C++ code.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time