Deluxe EntertainmentSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Company 3 in Santa Monica is looking for a DaVinci Resolve experienced Avid Evening Editor. The ideal candidate will have prior working experience with DaVinci Resolve and Avid in Long Form Feature post production environment.
To prepare and online projects for color as well as create final deliverables.
EVENING EDITOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Preparations for Projects/Sessions
• Ensure all elements are properly labeled.
• Ensure all lists and references are properly formatted. Notify the project producer and project manager of any issues.
• Ensure all required elements are present and if not notifying the project producer and project manager.
• Communicate with the project producer and the project manager any issues that may arise with elements.
• Create restore master, missing, and update EDL(s) and submit to data department.
• Parse-Conform VAMs for color with provided EDL from online.
• Ensure all required color elements are accounted for such as drop-ins, mattes, and conform references.
• Ensure all project settings are set to the defined department standard.
• Flag and contact the project producer and project manager on any shots that do not line up to the reference.
• Flag and contact the project producer and project manager on any shots that are not delivered in the correct color space.
• Update the project producer and project manager on any prep issues or spec changes.
Execution of Job
• Non-linear finishing editing for television content, including basic visual effects compositing, beauty fixes and other opticals.
• Maintain and contribute to the development of digital workflows by keeping up with current trends and finishing techniques.
• Flexible to work around customer and studio needs; ever changing delivery schedules and enduring long hours during peak periods of business.
• Maintaining best practices for content security and client confidentiality.
• Communicate to artist all project details necessary for the artist to execute the project.
• Confirm the details of the laydown requirements, etc with the project producer or project manager.
• Communicate any machine downtime to the producer, project manager and engineering.
• Update the project team with any spec and or delivery changes.
• Communicate with the project producer and project manager on any additional request made by the clients in the bay.
• Render/Record project per project/workorder specs.
• Label elements as requested per project/workorder specs.
• Label finished elements clearly to indicate episode, cut number/letter, date, etc.
• Quality checking all rendered material for any missing material or corruption.
• Ensure all work orders are filled out with session details
• Touch base with project manager before leaving shift for handoff notes, etc.
• Update producers and project manager all relevant information for all aspects of the project; Prep and Post.
• Reporting all system repair needs via the EMR system. For urgent matters immediately contact the project coordinator(s).
• Keep project up-to-date on the status of any situation that directly affects the session and or is deliveries.
Requirements / Background
• 4-5 years employment with media/post industry
• Avid (Required)
• BlackMagic Resolve software (Preferred)
• Adobe After Effects, Mocha, Sapphire, Boris and Fusion experience a plus
• File based workflow experience
• Knowledge of digital capture cameras and files
• Background and/or knowledge of offline editing
• Knowledge of mobile storage devices and formats
• Work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment