Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery.
Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations
in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry's premier artists, experts, and innovators. For more about us
We currently have an opening for a Platform Engineer / API DEVELOPER (Cloud) in our Digital Cinema division.
This is a new team we are creating to support 3 product lines. We are updating legacy software products and building some new ones which will help digital cinema with delivery & distribution of products.
WHO WE HIRE:
• Candidates who have experience deploying applications on cloud platforms using Docker or containerization tools.
• Candidates who are strong problem-solvers and understand the challenge working with legacy systems and complicated scalable systems
• Candidates who have strong computer science fundamentals either from a computer science degree or experience working in the field.
• Candidates who are innovative and can present creative ideas in diplomatic way.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Join a newly forming team of about 5 (4 developers/1 architect) to support software products that are being used actively by our customers – The apps do the following: 1) receive orders regarding content 2) distribute content 3) track data of delivery sites/theatres
and 4) provide self-service for client orders and status
• Use .Net Core so that it can run on multiple platforms supported by Docker
• Build new and improve APIs (RESTful and non-REST - WCF) to reach a broad range of clients
• Provide expertise and guidance to the team in using AWS services
• Develop and deploy cloud caching solutions and services (ElastiCache)
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams using agile processes
• Leverage continuous development and integration including developing unit test cases
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years of experience working with C# or comparable language.
• Experience with .NET Core and application containerization (e.g. Docker)
• 3+ years developing and implementing REST Web Services for Cloud (preferably AWS Platform including VPC and EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, Lambda Functions, Elastic BeanStalk, ElastiCache, S3, SQS and SNS)
• Experience with relational databases and understanding of data architecture
• Experience with test-driven design and Agile methodologies a plus
• Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure and short timelines
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or related major or equivalent work experience.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.