DL MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Los Angeles based Publishing and Creative Services seeks experienced Sales/Licensing Rep for our extensive instrumental, song, new artist catalogs and original music creative services.
• At least 5 years experience in music licensing.
• Strong relationships in television, film, advertisements, corporate and digital media a must. Specific media type relationships ok.
• Price point knowledge of different licensing and placement types.
• Creative understanding of how music and media work together.
• Understanding of post production workflows and where music fits into the creative development approval process and the finishing mix process.
• Ability to advise clients on music selections and creative fulfillment needs.
• Composing or music background a plus.
• Background in the business side of music a plus.
• Complete knowledge of cue sheet preparation and submission requirements.
• Strong understanding of performing rights organizations (PROs) and music rights' clearance procedures, including writers, publishers, and master rights holders.
• High level of professional communication etiquette with ability to effectively interact with clients at all levels of an organization.
• Strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
• Team Player, great ideas and a fresh eye on the music business welcome!
• Music lover!
• Negotiate, prepare and finalize license agreements.
• Negotiate, prepare and finalize creative service deals bundled with music.
• Maintain current client relationships.
• Actively cold call new leads with detailed follow up.
• Attend events and gatherings to meet and build relations.
• Maintain day to day involvement with current clients/projects using our services.
• Create and send custom playlists in response to music search requests.
• Work with in-house composers and roster to produce demos, new releases and speculation projects.
• Refer client music requests for catalogs to A&R team.
• Create and implement promotional and marketing campaigns for business development.
• Assist with newsletters, web postings and social media information updates and marketing campaigns.
• Refer new artists/composers to A&R team.
• Be actively involved in the A&R vetting process.
• Maintain relationships and look for growth opportunities with our international partners.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online