Studio Assistant Engineer
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
New multi room recording studio facility is looking for in house assistant engineer.
Candidates must have interest and understanding of audio engineering, analog consoles, outboard gear and mics
as well as commercial studio adequate.
- Must be able to track vocal & instrumental styles quickly, while editing
- Must be able to mix a variety of styles of music at a professional, radio ready level
- Must have a thorough understanding of signal flow, mic functionality and placement
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and prioritize in order to run a successful session
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative, demonstrate flexibility and possess a strong work ethic as well as great people skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be highly computer literate-Protools specifically
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Session set up and break down
- computer troubleshooting
- computer session editing / tuning / premixing / ...
- assisting engineers
- handle patch bays / recall / backups
- general studio maintenance
- gear repair
- professional studio employment or freelance work in professional studios.
- college graduate
- engineering degree
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online