ConfidentialCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Top boutique entertainment firm seeking exceptional junior-level attorney to handle the day to day production legal functions for a heavy and fast paced volume of productions and production companies. Working under the supervision of several partners and associates, the staff production attorney will be responsible for all aspects of production legal, primarily focused on unscripted television and digital production, union and non-union. Responsibilities will include structuring, drafting, negotiating reviewing and commenting upon a wide range of production-related agreements, such as: location, talent, participant, indemnities, production service agreements, staff/crew deal memos and agreements, access, vendor and others. Additionally, the production attorney will handle a busy slate of development agreements for multiple clients in addition to advising on matters relating to insurance, risk, episode clearance and intellectual property rights issues. Please note this is a staff attorney, and not an associate position, but there is an opportunity for advancement.
• JD degree from top-tier law school;
• Member in good standing of California State Bar;
• Minimum 2-3 years experience at major television production company legal department, network and/or top-tier entertainment law firm servicing unscripted television production companies and production legal matters. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT THIS MINIMUM LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE;
• Ability to deal effectively and calmly in a very fast paced, high volume environment with a variety of legal matters;
• Impeccable communication, negotiation, attention to detail and drafting skills;
• Solid understanding, experience and knowledge of television production and production legal;
• Strong working relationship with network business affairs and legal affairs attorneys and agents;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Passion for television production legal;
• Hands-on production experience;
• Experience with both television and new media productions.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online