Post Production Support Technician
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are a small, midtown-based production company specializing in movie trailers for feature films and television. We seek a Post Production Support Technician to run day-to-day IT operations and help with media ingest workflows. The ideal candidate would have 2-4 years of experience in the technical support of a small to medium-sized post production facility.
- Provide high level and reliable tech/engineering support for all post production activities, staff workstations, Avid editing systems, and servers
- Assist with daily workflow (e.g. downloading media, uploading cuts to FTP site, facilitating fiber communication with clients, syncing media to Los Angeles office, etc)
- Maintain and support shared network storage systems (e.g. Terrablock, Unity, ISIS)
- Manage media archives and secure backup storage for all media and data
- Ensure continued compliance with all major film studio security standards and regulations
- Troubleshoot and repair any software and hardware problems pertaining to Avid, servers, networking connections, etc.
- Stay current in all hardware and software revisions, updates, and best practices
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the technical support of a post-production facility or similar operation
- Experience with post-production software and workflow (Avid Media Composer preferred)
- Experience and understanding of computer networks, hardware and infrastructure, protocols, security, and firewalls in a production environment
- Experience with data transfer tools such as Aspera, Signiant, Media Shuttle, and other FTP services
- Adept at working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Willing to work as a team and collaborate with other departments as needed
- Strong communication skills
- Innovative and proactive problem-solver
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online