Paralegal or Legal Assistant
ConfidentialCulver City, CA
Part Time Job
Growing music law firm requires excellent paralegal or legal assistant for assistance with client matters and other exciting tasks. This position reports to the owner of the law firm.
Core responsibilities include:
• Document preparation and redlining agreements
• Research (mostly Internet-based)
• Scheduling calls
• Screening potential new clients
• Onboarding new clients
• Preparing copyright and other registration applications
• Communicating with clients via email, phone, and in person
• Assisting with management of client and catalogue data
• Managing execution of social media and firm marketing
• Administrative tasks
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 3 years experience as a paralegal or legal assistant
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong administrative, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Mac computer, organization and planning skills
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and efficiently, think strategically, and be proactive
• Ability to improve the efficiency of procedures
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Trustworthy, reliable, responsible, and able to keep client information confidential
• A positive attitude, enjoyable personality, and excited to be a part of the music industry
• Preferred: Experience with Adobe Photoshop, social media for business, MailChimp or equivalent
• Preferred: Experience with contractual matters (particularly music), music industry, and copyright/intellectual property registration.
Hours and Location
• Part-time to start, more hours possible
• Position is based in Culver City, CA
About the company:
Growing music law firm represents both independent and established songwriters, composers, music publishers, record labels, and music companies.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Your attention to detail and ability to follow instructions will be tested via your application, and we want to know if you can follow instructions. Show us you can follow instructions by inserting the first line in the body of your cover letter as ''Yes, I can follow instructions.'' Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online