Multimedia Producer/Editor - Web Series
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
We are seeking a Multimedia Producer & Editor to join the production team for our web series.
The role of the Multimedia Producer is to aid in producing daily cannabis content in both video and text for multiple platforms. He or she should be able to shoot, edit and script packages as well as write text content for our website site and social media. Entry level video editing ability is a necessity.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has proven experience producing news with speed and accuracy.
He or she should have a strong sense of how to approach a story holistically - incorporating text, video, photo and other elements into pieces. Stories will be assigned, but multimedia producers are also expected to generate and execute creative ideas that help elevate our content.
The Multimedia Producer is someone who is comfortable meeting deadlines under pressure.
• Produce and script daily video and text content for multiple platforms
• Produce and edit digital video for multiple formats
• Capture a variety of video elements
• Pitch story ideas to senior producer
• Come up with fresh angles and ways to tell day-of news stories
• Work with senior producer to continually improve the look and sound of all new videos and series, including development of story lines, guests, graphics and editing
• Ensure videos in production stay on track and on schedule
• Once season is launched, monitor video analytics for trends that inform future production
• Help manage relationships and potential video partnerships with sponsors and external talent
• Help manage the purchase of new equipment as needed
• Help manage studio space
• 1-3 years telling high-quality, visually engaging stories through the production, shooting, and editing of digital video
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy on a deadline
• Demonstrated expertise producing and editing video of for multiple formats
• Experience sourcing and booking talent and locations; directing talent; handling shooting, lighting and sound
• Demonstrated expertise in DSLR videography (Sony FS7, Canon 7D, 5D Mk II, etc.) and audio equipment
• Background working with cannabis helpful
• Strong organizational skills and confidence to oversee editorial video projects from conception to completion; strong collaboration skills
• Demonstrated strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Fluency in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Experience with content management systems (Wordpress)
• BA/BS degree, Film School is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Salary: $15/hr as a part time independent contractor
$15/hr as a part time independent contractor
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online