ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Leading VR developer/publisher is looking for an Environment Artist to join our team. You will work alongside a top-tier, motivated and passionate team to help create inspiring visuals and stunning in game environments.
As part of the environment art team you will be concepting, modeling, and texturing to help us tell captivating stories through visually compelling in game environments. Experienced, educated or both- you've studied fine art and or received equivalent on-the-job experience. Over the last few years you've developed a strong eye for composition, scene lighting, texture and color theory. Positive and upbeat, you really shine in a team oriented environment and feel comfortable working with minimal input.
- AAA game development experience for both PC and consoles
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, PBR material generation, The Quixel Suite, and Substance Designer (or equivalent node-based material pipeline)
- Must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software (Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop preferred)
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, and building believable spaces
- Experience creating environments using modular systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- Organic terrain and hard surface modeling experience
- Candidates should be able to work with minimal input and be comfortable working in a team environment
- 5+ years of work experience in game development on shipped titles
DAY TO DAY
- Model, texture, and light game ready quality 3D environments for use in-engine using provided concept art or inspirational reference material.
- Solicit feedback from designers and art directors to accommodate gameplay and art features into the environment.
- Participates in departmental meetings
- Participates in the planning for project environments
- Cover Letter
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online