Employee Relations - Manager
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Employee Relations Manager will work closely with the senior executives to provide strategic human resources counsel to Kinetic Content. This individual will be responsible for managing employee relations issues and implementing and overseeing workplace investigations, policies, and procedures for the company at-large. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for onboarding, payroll processing, and other relevant administrative tasks.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help establish a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively managing employee relations matters.
• Create, enforce, and train employees on best practices for workplace policies and HR procedures.
• Prepare, coach, and guide managers and employees on performance management techniques, including delivery of performance feedback.
• Promote respect and integrity in the workplace and respond to employee relations concerns, as needed, including investigating and responding to workplace complaints.
• Provide advice and guidance to senior management addressing complex personnel issues with a diverse and varied workforce. Oversee smooth implementation of agreed upon solutions.
• In conjunction with legal and outside HR consultants, provide expert advice and guidance on all categories of CA state and federal employment regulations and policies, including all wage and hour matters, administration of employee leave and benefits matters including medical, personal, FMLA, and others, as applicable.
• Provide expert advice and guidance on issues surrounding pre-employment process, including background check information, interview guidelines, and personnel records.
• Develop positive relationships with employees and key executives through ensuring that employee relations issues are addressed in a comprehensive and collaborative manner to yield agreed upon results.
• Provide practical, problem solving, even-handed solutions while serving as a trusted and confidential advisor with an open door to all employees.
• Administrative tasks include, but are not limited to, employee onboarding and exits, corporate payroll processing, benefits tracking (e.g., sick time, vacation time, health care), administer harassment training and compliance, and other relevant administrative tasks as needed.
• 3-6 years HR/employee relations experience with an emphasis on providing day-to-day advice as well as resolving complex employee relations issues in a confidential manner.
• Previous work experience in or with the media/entertainment/television industry
• Working knowledge of CA state and federal employment laws
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
• Exhibit the highest integrity and professional standards at all time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for employment with criminal histories are considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online