ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
A leading Non-Scripted television company is seeking a Development Associate to join the growing Development team. This position is primarily responsible for discovering, creating, researching and developing a broad range of unscripted, scripted and digital content, and maintaining an ongoing slate of potential series for a wide range of television networks. Candidates should have an interest in non-scripted/reality tv and growing within a large company.
• Provide creative and administrative support to the department and its senior executives by researching new and unique concepts, trends, and talent (for casting) within diverse lifestyle spaces.
• Possess solid verbal and written skills to articulate and present ideas with persuasiveness, enthusiasm, and journalistic sensibility.
• Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, discretion and adaptability to work effectively with diverse groups using various communication methods including telephone, Skype, email and in-person meetings.
• Able to follow and apply casting processes, including researching, identifying, recruiting, interviewing and interacting with people, and assessing individuals' suitability for potential shows.
• Able to synthesize information from multiple sources, prioritize and track various tasks and projects, and organize and coordinate multiple activities for various events.
• Able to exercise independent judgment, initiative and common sense and appropriately follow through on assigned projects.
• Able to manually operate and manipulate camera (framing, focus, etc.) and post-production equipment to achieve prescribed visual or editorial objectives for developing projects.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Generate and implement innovative boolean searches to discover and research various subject matter.
• Monitor and assess relevant trends and demographics in pop culture, television, and social media, including but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Google Communities, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
• Proficient communication skills (oral and written) for cold casting and impromptu interviews.
• Basic camera operation experience.
• Basic post editing skills.
• Knowledge of FCP, Avid and Skype.
• Innate sense of storytelling.
• Valid driver license with a clean driving record.
• High school degree or GED.
• Appropriately handle stress, and maintain overall composure despite conflicting demands and changing priorities.
• Able to remain stationary or seated for long periods of time.
• Able to clearly speak and write to communicate with others through telephone and written correspondence.
• Able to lift, carry and/or transport no more than 10 lbs. of film equipment on occasion.
• Regular office hours from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm.
• Fast-paced environment that may require some travel
• Office and field work; field work may require exposure to various climate and weather conditions.
• May require the use of a company or personal vehicle for work-related tasks.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or other protected characteristics, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, when and as required by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online