Technical Director, Attractions
Confidential Via Staffing FirmOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Our client, a leading themed entertainment design and production company, is looking for a Technical Director well versed in theme park technical design and integration to join its team! In this dynamic role, you'll serve as the principal leader for all technical direction, and be responsible for day-to-day management of the technical design team: your responsibilities will include development of show technical resource plans and scope of work documents, guidance of the design and engineering process to ensure project goals, objectives, and parameters are met, serving as the primary contact for vendor contractual matters, and acting as primary liaison to senior management, including regular status updates and the resolution of technical issues related to projects company wide. You'll also assist with the acquisition of top technical design talent, and work with other technical designers to ensure effective participation in their assigned projects. This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career with a leader in themed entertainment design!
You should have:
- a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business or Construction Management, or Theatre Arts
- a minimum fifteen years of major theme park attraction development experience, with experience managing show technical production efforts > $50 mil in value
- a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Project, Adobe Pro, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- thorough knowledge of and experience with reading engineering documents and drawings, including but not limited to Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, and Electronic Controls
- proven ability to execute projects to industry recognized standards, performance specifications, and local standards and codes
- excellent communicative, collaborative, organizational, and leadership skills
This is a full-time, on-site role in the Orlando, FL, area, with domestic and international travel required. Compensation between 90-105K, DOE. For consideration, please send your resume
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online