Senior Writer/ Producer, On-Air Promos
Comedy CentralNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Writer/Producer, Comedy Central Brand Creative, will develop and produce highly comedic, pioneering, hilarious, innovative, brand-defining creative that ignites and entertains fans in all the places and spaces they experience Comedy Central.
• Generate compelling creative directions, develop groundbreaking creative concepts, and pitch brand-specific ideas that will launch new show campaigns, generate tune-in and engagement, and build the voice and shareability of Comedy Central content.
• Script strongly compelling and comedic campaign concepts and treatments, write copy and scripts that bring to life the brand and delivers on creative brief objectives and strategies.
• Spearhead production of all materials produced in support of creative campaigns for CC’s new and returning series.
• Develop original copy, concepts, scripts, ideas and pitches that work within Comedy Central’s voice and tone.
• Lead creative development and inspire a high level of creative standards for all collaborators— working closely with ourdesign/multi-platform/social strategy departments to create a cohesive campaign that translates across all platforms.
• Lead all facets of pre-production — directing and shooting of original promos as needed.
• Deliver compelling, concise and professional creative pitches to both internal and external executives.
• Utilize strong, high-level, conceptual thinking to create work that can be campaignable across all screens.
• Foster and contribute to an environment of collaboration.
• Generate creative that connects to our audience and inspires them to share/watch/talk about Comedy Central.
• Create dynamic, sharable, entertaining, written content for all social channels.
• Live and breathe comedy and view life through a comedic lens.
• Partner and collaborate closely with VP Brand Creative and brand creative peers to ensure concepts resonate, break new ground, meet goals and drive desired results team and brand-wide.
• Push creative boundaries and establish high-level creative standards that resonate with fans and across all screens.
• 5 years experience as writer/producer
• Directing/writing/producing experience for television/content/advertising
• College degree
• Proven experience delivering creative that sticks – ideally with a comedic voice.
• Ability to understand big ideas and strategy.
• Proven passion for Comedy Central’s brand sensibility and audience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present and sell ideas.
• Highly collaborative and flexible.
• Values opinions and feedback.
• Ability to perform in a fast paced, high-pressure environment with the upmost integrity and respect for their team.
• Love comedy and have a relationship to and understanding of the comedy community.
• Ability and desire to collaborate across disciplines, ie: with design, marketing, mutli-platform, etc.
• Bring an original and dynamic dimension to the department