Assistant - Development & Talent
Comedy CentralHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
• Provide administrative support to two VP’s in talent & development, including phone coverage, organizing meetings, maintaining schedules and records, making travel arrangements, and calendar management.
• Tracking material, reading scripts and providing feedback on all submissions
• Assist in development process for specific projects assigned to the executive
• Maintain and distribute (as needed) all submissions and new drafts/cuts of current development projects and give constructive feedback on submissions, new drafts, and cuts to ensure executive is responding on projects in a timely manner, as well as being knowledgeable of all development and on-air projects
• Strong administrative phone skills – answering phones and taking detailed messages, setting up conference calls, maintaining the phone sheet, rolling calls and keeping a professional and polite demeanor while utilizing discretion at all times
• Self-starter, team player, and efficient problem solver with the ability to anticipate the needs of the executive and team at large in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to adapt and work well under pressure
• Passion for Entertainment (Film, TV, Music and the Internet) and love of comedy
• Talent agency or management company experience preferred. 1-2 years of administrative experience is ideal.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Familiarity with the entertainment industry and working directly with talent and talent reps.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting and is enthusiastic about assisting others when needed
• Ability to anticipate needs and generate potential alternative solutions to issues as they arise.
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Must have strong communication skills, ability to manage and prioritize a heavy workload and a ”can do” attitude.