Paid Intern - Ticket Operations
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Ticket Operations
Job Title: Ticket Operations Intern
Reports To: Senior Director of Ticket Operations
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: To assist the Ticket Operations Department during the 2018 season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer incoming phone calls and e-mails.
• Sort and open mail.
• Process ticket orders for single, season and group tickets.
• Ticket window sales.
• Ticket Will Call.
• Data entry.
• Responsible for selling and printing of tickets on computerized ticketing system.
• General office duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet applications. Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
• Ticket experience, specifically with Tickets.com, preferred.
• Flexibility in scheduling is required and will involve some evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. However, employee may have game day responsibilities where they may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally lift.
• This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Paid and unpaid internships, with the opportunity to earn college credit, are available.
• Interns are paid at State of Ohio minimum wage.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work 29 hours or more per week?
• Are you available to work nights and weekends?
• Do you have experience working in a box office or ticket office? If yes, please explain.
• Do you have experience using a computerized ticketing system (i.e. Ticketmaster, Tickets.com) to sell tickets?