Paid Intern - Social Media
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Marketing and Communications
Job Title: Social Media Intern
Reports To: Director of Digital Media
FLSA: Hourly, Non Exempt
Term: March 19 – September 30, 2018
Job Purpose: The Cincinnati Reds seek a creative, resourceful, tech-savvy Social Media Intern to work as part of our Communications and Marketing team during the 2018 baseball season. This Intern will assist in creating engaging content for several social media platforms during Reds home games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create social media content with a goal of fan engagement.
• Regularly research best practices in social media to present to the digital team.
• Contribute innovative ideas for new projects and campaigns.
• Coordinate fulfillment for social media contests and sweepstakes.
• Assist in execution of ballpark social media promotions and events.
• Office duties will include but are not limited to: answering emails, data entry, mailing prizes, organizing photos, preparing recaps and additional duties as needed.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
• Currently pursuing or have achieved an undergraduate or graduate degree in Electronic Media, Marketing, Communications or related field.
• Extensive experience with various social media platforms including Snapchat, Instagram/Instagram Stories, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Available schedule to work 81 Cincinnati Reds home games in 2018.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of video and photo editing a plus.
• Strong people skills and the ability to collaborate successfully in a team setting.
• Understanding of social media analytics, including Facebook Insights and Google Analytics.
• Endless creativity, enthusiasm and drive to be the best.
• Willingness and ability to understand, support and contribute to the Reds business objectives.
• General understanding of Major League Baseball rules, teams and players.
• Passion for social media and Reds baseball.
• Employee will be working outside during games and therefore will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours do include nights, weekends and holidays.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally lift.
• This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Interns are paid at State of Ohio minimum wage.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet department productivity standards.
• Please include a cover letter with your application.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work Reds home games during the 2018 season (March–September)?
• Have you managed any social media accounts other than your personal accounts? If so, please list.
• What's your favorite social media platform and why?
• Give us three adjectives that describe your Snapchat account.
• How many Reds games did you attend in 2017?
• You have 5 minutes with Joey Votto to create social media content on Opening Day. What would you do?