Paid Intern - P&G MLB Youth Academy Outreach
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Reds Community Fund (RCF)
Job Title: P&G Cincinnati MLB Youth Academy Outreach Intern
Reports To: Youth Academy Director, RCF
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: May 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018 (flexible)
Commitment: 20-30 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for handling key day-to-day operations for the P&G Cincinnati MLB Youth Academy (YA) site and programs including but not limited to, program set up and execution, assistance with participant recruitment, site management, and participant tracking systems.
• Facilitate day-to-day operations of the summer Reds Rookie Success League (RRSL) program including, but not limited to, on-site set-up, coordination/assistance with participant recruitment, coordinating participant transportation and data base management.
• Responsible for recording, tracking and communicating YA program and RRSL program attendance accordingly.
• Facilitate daily operations for the Reds Youth Baseball program including but not limited to communication with teams, recording team information, and filing team documents.
• Manage event coordination and operate events for the Match program.
• Gain a thorough understanding of, and assist in the execution of site/facility operations processes and assist with tournament operations and events at the YA.
• Assist in the recruiting of YA program participants, coaches/instructors and volunteers.
• Assist in maintaining YA web information, social media and baseball/softball video programs.
• Administrative duties will include managing the participant application process, reception desk processes, data entry & database management, placing equipment/apparel orders, inventory organization & management, etc.
• Assist with Reds Community Fund fundraising events throughout the season (as needed) which includes but is not limited to the Redlegs Run (June 2), Family Catch (TBD), Reds Community Fund Telethon (July 23) and A Night of Their Own (August 16). All dates subject to change.
• Provide support with the Reds Community Fund Split the Pot program during home games. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with Split the Pot ticket sales.
• Prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting (preferred).
• Have interest in sports business and have earned/are currently pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in a related area of study.
• Must have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work approximately 20-30 hours a week including nights, weekends & holidays during the period of May 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018.
• Must have an outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skill, strong initiative, and high level of energy.
• Must have good time management skills and present self in a professional manner with a passion for sports.
• Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area.
• Should have some experience working with kids, exhibiting an ability to be patient and understanding (preferred).
• Should have prior baseball/softball experience with a strong understanding of the fundamentals (preferred).
• Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Seasonal staff members are paid at the Ohio state minimum wage.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however each seasonal staff member will have responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?