Paid Intern - Community Fundraising
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Reds Community Fund (RCF)
Job Title: RCF Fundraising Intern
Reports To: Assistant Director, RCF
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: March 19, 2018 – September 30, 2018 (or end of Major League Baseball season)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute day-to-day operations of the Reds Community Fund Split the Pot fundraising program; which includes, but is not limited to, game day event set-up, cash reconciliation, inventory and end of night closing and reporting duties.
• Serve as the point of contact for all Reds Community Fund Split the Pot volunteer groups which includes training volunteers on a nightly basis.
• Responsible for set-up and tear down of all Reds Community Fund Split the Pot related materials at each home game.
• Assist with daily oversight and direction of Reds Community Fund game day staff in addition to program volunteers.
• Provide support for all Reds Community Fund fundraising events during the 2018 season; which includes, but is not limited to, Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party (March 29), Redlegs Run (June 2), Family Catch (TBD), Reds Community Fund Telethon (July 23) and A Night of Their Own: Baseball 101 (August 16). All dates subject to change.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, event registration, development of collateral pieces, event mailings, event set-up/clean-up, etc.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all event participants/sponsors along with the need to be familiar with each event and its operations.
• Prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting is preferred.
• Interest in sports business and have earned/are currently pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in a related area of study.
• Must have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work up to 30-40 hours a week including nights, weekends, holidays and special events during the period of March 19 – September 30, 2018.
• Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, game day guests, and on occasion Reds players & coaches.
• Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area.
• Must be an energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality and be customer-service driven.
• Must have a general knowledge of baseball.
• Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Seasonal staff members are paid at State of Ohio minimum wage.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however each seasonal staff member will have responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet department productivity standards as well as specific sales goals.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?