Paid Intern - Communications & Photography
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Communications & Marketing
Job Title: Communications & Photography Intern
Reports To: Director of Communications
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: March – September 2018
Job Purpose: Support the Communications & Marketing department with a primary focus on photography, photo editing and cataloging, and providing content to Reds.com and social media platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Editing and cataloging photos taken during Reds games and events.
• Assist in taking photos of non-game events and activities.
• Supplying images from Reds games and events for use on Reds.com and social media accounts.
• Delivering promotional items to media partners off site.
• Assisting Director of Marketing with promotional research and media recaps.
• Assisting with prize fulfillment for online and offline sweepstakes/contests.
• Other general clerical tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong photography and photo editing skills.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on photo editing.
• Strong knowledge and familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
• Strong knowledge of the Cincinnati Reds and Major League Baseball.
• Excellent time management and strong attention to detail.
• Approximately 20-25 hours per week; some night/weekend hours will be required.
• This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Interns are paid at State of Ohio minimum wage.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have experience as a sports or event photographer? Please describe.
• Please describe your professional experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Are there any other photo editing or design applications/services you have used before?