Intern - Productions
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Department: Productions (Video)
Job Title: Productions Intern
Reports To: Productions Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: Mid March – Mid October
Job Purpose: Intern will learn the processes of live, multi-camera event productions, digital filmmaking, and have the opportunity to work with audio production and graphic production projects. This is a hands-on opportunity and intern will be expected to be an active participant on the production team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the full time and game day staff.
• Setting up and working video shoots.
• Editing content for, but not limited to the video board and Reds.com.
• Hype videos/vignettes/video board features.
• Assisting with graphics for the video board, as well as any other area they may be needed.
• Creating bumpers, lower thirds and backgrounds for videos.
• Assisting with the organization of video board head shots.
• Being an active member on the game day production staff when scheduled.
• Role will include, but not limited to Gripping for the Fan Cam.
• Assisting with the organization of highlights.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere Pro and Photoshop).
• Experience gathering ENG/B-Roll footage.
• A strong knowledge in camera audio and how to mic talent.
• Capacity to handle a variety of projects in a changing environment.
• Ability to learn very quickly.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong knowledge of baseball.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. However, employee may have game day responsibilities where they may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Flexibility in scheduling is required and will involve some evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work all home games.
• Must have a vehicle for traveling to offsite shoots.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have experience using the Cannon C100 or a DSLR to shoot video? If so, please explain your experience.
• Have you used Adobe Premiere Pro for editing? If so, how comfortable are you with the software?
• Do you have experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe After Effects? If so, please explain your experience.
• Do you have a link to your past work or a demo reel? If so, please insert link here.