Senior Manager Of Corporate Communications
Chicago BullsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Chicago Bulls are seeking a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications to lead the development and implementation of strategies and programs that focus on sharing the business and community stories of the organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a master storyteller who can craft compelling communications and deliver impactful brand messaging.
We are seeking someone with the ability to effectively develop programs that achieve team and partner goals, provide counsel to internal and external team members and partners, and supervise multiple projects and staff. If you're a creative self-starter seeking to work in a dynamic environment and the chance to become involved in a wide range of high-impact, communications related projects, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
In this role, you will lead the team's corporate communications functions, with particular emphasis on our business and community efforts. Additional Responsibilities include:
• Work in close collaboration with other media-facing team members to build positive working relationships with national, regional and trade media, including across digital platforms
• Actively engage with media to tell the Chicago Bulls stories
• Develop strategies and creative platforms and concepts that simultaneously use both traditional and social media to promote team business function areas, including, but not limited, to Ticketing, Corporate Partnerships, Game Entertainment, Marketing, Digital, BullsTV, and Community Relations
• Supervise Corporate Communications team comprised of two full-time and two part-time staff
• Develop communications plans and execute large-scale media events with team executives, civic leaders and, when appropriate, Blackhawks and United Center
• Work with broadcast partners to integrate off-the-court content into pre-game and sideline interviews
• Support leadership and other team spokespeople with messaging and media training. Vet media and speaking opportunities, develop briefing documents and talking points, and serve as the liaison with event organizers. Prepare staff and executives for media interviews
• Manage Corporate Communications budget and strategy planning process.
• Oversee portfolio of team publications, including game program, yearbook, community newsletter, and the community annual and mid-season reports
• Serve as a communications liaison to our G-League team, the Windy City Bulls
• Supervise the development of materials to support various annual team events, award nominations, and miscellaneous projects
A strong candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who works well across departments and has direct experience in communications. In addition, you will have the following:
• Minimum of 7 years of full time experience in the communications field, preferably in Public Relations, Journalism, or Marketing. Experience working effectively with Chicago media a plus.
• Demonstrate knowledge of top-tier traditional and social media outlets, local and national
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in PR, including digital media/social media
• Confident communicator and presenter; has an understanding and feel for community with a focus on the audience; understands who they are; their perception, needs and opinions
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are critical, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Excellent project management and time management skills
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
• Proven experience as a direct supervisor to full time staff
• Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties, including establishing rapport, trust and confidence with key partners
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications? [Yes/No]
• Do you have professional experience writing, editing, and proofreading? [Yes/No]
• Do you have a minimum of 7 years of full time experience in the communications field in Public Relations, Journalism, or Marketing? [Yes/No]
• Do you have multiple years of experience as a direct supervisor to full time staff? [Yes/No]
• Do you have a strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in PR, including digital media/social media? [Yes/No]
• Do you have project management experience? [Yes/No]
• Are you open to working non-traditional hours, including game nights, weekends, and holidays? [Yes/No]