Community Relations Manager
Chicago BullsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Chicago Bulls have a strong history of giving back to the community by contributing time, materials, resources and financial donations to organizations that share the team's commitment to youth education, youth health and wellness, violence prevention, and military and first-responder support. Our growing Community Relations team supports these efforts year-round, and we are currently seeking a highly motivated, strategic and collaborative person to join us as a Community Relations Manager.
As a Manager, you will help build and lead community program implementations for the department. We are seeking an emerging leader who is passionate about service, organized, and able to both plan and execute against important projects each season. Your work will help the team make a positive impact in our community.
In this role, you will be responsible for a number of activities including:
• Participate in department brainstorms for event concept creation
• Manage event logistics with department support
• Serve as the day-of-event project manager
• Lead various employee volunteer opportunities throughout the season and off-season
• Research potential community partnerships that align with team focus areas
• Support department activations such as scoreboard messages, wish granting programs, and ambassador suite visits
• Collaborate with department to devise season long execution plan
• Manage relationship with online auction component, maintain communication and fulfil auction winners purchases
CHARITY TICKET SECTIONS
• Coordinate designated games for execution, and serve as on-site liaison on nightly basis for visiting groups
COMMUNITY PARTNER RELATIONSHIP
• Serve as key contact for select community partner relationships
• Maintain regular contact and an open line of communication with designated partners
EVENT TRACKING AND DONATION MANAGEMENT
• Serve as post event evaluation leader in charge of event tracking
• Conduct bi-monthly internal meetings for financial and in-kind charity support
• Manage in-kind donation requests and oversee fulfillment process
• Serve as point person for participating community partners and organizations receiving donations and maintain monthly contact for activations and joint programs
• Support key staff at the G-League level on daily needs from the Bulls organization
• Execute joint events/programs with the Windy City Bulls
You will also be responsible for assisting with the following department activities:
• Support Chicago Bulls Community Outreach Initiatives such as Season of Giving, Fit Week
• Support player relationship management
• Provide support of Chicago Bulls Charities fundraising events
• Help facilitate autograph sessions with players
• Collaborating with Community Relations Managers with event and program production in collaboration with Partnership Marketing team
• Represent team in a professional manner at partner dinners and galas
The team is looking to place a highly qualified individual into this role. You could be a potential match for this role if you have:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3-5 years of prior work experience with experience in sales, creative, business marketing, entertainment and/or sports
• Applicants should be organized, creative, and be able to exhibit a solid work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
• Strong relationship building skills and familiarity with the local community
• Ability to communicate articulately and confidently both verbally and in writing with individuals at every level of the organization.
• Ability to lead meetings and manage multiple priorities at once
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Note that in this role, you will be required to work on game nights, weekends, and holidays as the team's schedule dictates. We are looking for an individual who is able to work a flexible schedule.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have 3 - 5 years of professional work experience in a community relations, sales, creative business marketing, entertainment or sports? [Please respond with
• Do you have professional work experience building timelines, work plans and presentations? [Please respond with
• If yes, please describe.
• Do you have professional experience working to build relationships with local community organizations? [Please respond with
• If yes, please describe.
• Do you have event management experience? [Please respond with
• Have you directly managed staff? [Please respond with
• Do you have experience working on a community relations team? [Please respond with
• Are you able to work extended hours including game nights, weekends, and holidays as needed? [Please respond with