COLCOA French Film FetsivalLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Recognized as one of LA's leading film festivals, the COLCOA French Film Festival is an annual celebration of the very best of French cinema at the Directors Guild of America. The festival has successfully grown for the past 20 years and the development manager's position is being created to further develop income generating streams in support of a variety of new initiatives. Alongside the Deputy Director, the Development Manager will devise and implement an income generation strategy that will deliver objectives in line with COLCOA's strategic plan. He or she will oversee all aspects of the festival's fundraising programs, with an emphasis in corporate sponsorship and advertising. The Development Manager will identify and initiate contact with potential new sources of financial support. The position is part time and the Development Manager will be working from home.
Fundraising experience within the arts is not necessary but would be an advantage, and an understanding and empathy with French culture is essential. Potential applicants are welcome to discuss the position with Anouchka van Riel, Deputy Director by responding to this post.
• Identify prospects, solicit and secure sponsors
• Make in-person visits to prospects
• Handle incoming sponsorship inquiries
• Assist in creating marketing materials for sponsorship solicitation and outreach
• Write proposals for corporate sponsors
• Ensure effective mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating development activity
• Provide comprehensive and timely reports summarizing program activity and project status
• Network and build relationships on behalf of the Festival
• Responsible for execution of sponsor and donor benefits prior to, during, and after the Festival, including creating recap reports at the conclusion of the Festival
• Maintain organized record of all documents related to sponsor and partner involvement
• Contribute to the ongoing strategic development and future plans for COLCOA French Film Festival
• Keep abreast of developments in fundraising and identify new and creative opportunities for generating income;
• An interest in cinema;
• A highly developed understanding of the different motivations for corporate support;
• Must be a self-starter, proactive and driven, with a strong work ethic, a high level of motivation, a strong sense of urgency when needed, the ability to work without direct supervision and consistently meet deadlines
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent COLCOA positively and professionally to a range of supporters and partners; superior writing skills
• A proven ability to network and a willingness to attend networking events
• Attention to detail, high productivity and concern for accuracy and excellence
• Proven creative and entrepreneurial skills in reaching or exceeding targets
• A strategic and creative thinker, with a strong interest in the future development of COLCOA and the ability to work collaboratively with a small integrated management team
• The ability and willingness to work flexible hours
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Google docs is necessary
• Minimum of five years' experience with proven track record in sponsorship and/or fundraising development is required; corporate and major gift cultivation/solicitation
• Previous experience of organizing and managing fundraising events a plus
• Marketing experience a plus but not required
COLCOA, the largest French Film Festival in the world was founded in 1997 by The Franco-American Cultural Fund, a unique collaborative effort of the Directors Guild of America, the Motion Picture Association, the Writers Guild of America West, and France's Society of Authors Composers and Publishers of Music (SACEM). COLCOA is the acronym of ''City of Light, City of Angels'' the original name of an event celebrating relationships between filmmakers from Paris and Los Angeles, the two historic capitals of cinema. COLCOA is committed to promoting new French films in the U.S. and to showcasing the diversity of French cinema and French television programs. In 20 years, 676 films have been showcased. COLCOA has continually evolved to become a 9-day showcase of 80+ films, with a capacity of more than 25,000 moviegoers in 2017, and an average of 3,000 attendees per day. COLCOA is now one of the four largest film festivals in Los Angeles. The festival takes place April 23- May 1 at the Directors Guild of America.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online