Summer Paid Intern - iDesk
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer 2018 Intern - CNN (International) iDesk
What does our department do?
CNN International is the largest international news network. CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news network in the world. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. CNN International has an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to the newsgathering cycle. It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in futures meetings.
What will you be doing?
• Interns will observe and assist with workflow at the international desk on all shifts during our 24/7 operation.
• Interns will have the opportunity to ''shadow'' other units and departments within the CNN family who interact with the international desk.
• Interns may also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers.
• Intern schedules vary and may include week and weekend work.
What do we need from you?
• Experience writing on deadline, preferably for a digital news publication
• Strong editorial judgment
• Social savvy
• Creative storytelling approaches that transcend words
• A hunger to learn and grow
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
• Interest in international news and newsgathering
• Multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset;
• knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.