Summer Paid Intern - Weather & Climate
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
The CNN Weather Department consists of CNN and CNN International weather units. We provide on-air and online weather and science coverage for CNN, CNNI, HLN, CNN.com and Turner Private Networks.
What will you be doing?
Students would work with the CNN and CNN International weather units, and will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in the production of on-air weather content
• Research weather and science related stories, and provide information to on-air talent
• Learn weather graphics software, and build elements for on-air use
• Have the ability to record a demo reel
• Help create online content for use by CNN.com and other CNN online platforms
• Participate in breaking weather and other related breaking news stories
What do we need from you?
• Students should be at least junior level in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences at an accredited University.
• The ideal candidate would be interested in pursuing a career in Broadcast Meteorology, either as an on-air or behind-the-scenes meteorologists.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship. In addition, students must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship or NO MORE THAN 6 months' post-graduation.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/or veteran military status.