Summer Paid Intern - Tech Training
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
We are the CNN Technology Training Department for CNN World-Wide.
• We train CNN how to use the technology and tools to do their job that gets CNN on the air across all platforms.
• We take the ''out of the box'' technology and develop the training based on the CNN Workflow. (Instructor Led and Online Tutorials)
• Classes are scheduled based on the user's schedule and need.
• Classes are developed with the basic user in mind and are tailored to the students need based on experience and knowledge.
• Our classes are held where students need them. (Classroom, Online, in the field, in the control room, at the user's desk, via distance, etc.)
What will you be doing?
• Observe the CNN newsroom to learn the workflow and process of getting news on the various platforms.
• Develop online training tutorials/video's using an iPhone or iPad.
• Develop training documentation (Quickstarts)
• Assist trainers with classes which could include setup/clean up
• Opportunity to learn to teach some of the core curriculum (Newsroom apps and Digital apps)
• Conduct training classes for new hires (90 minutes or less)
What do we need from you?
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Technical ability on computer applications and Digital tools.
• Creative and customer service driven.
• Dynamic in a room and not afraid to speak in front of people.
• Ability to take constructive feedback and apply back to the job.
• Motivated to learn new things.
• Desirable Requirements: Online Tutorial or Video experience using Authoring tools or iPhone/iPad. Experience with edit tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro and iMovie.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation