Summer Paid Intern - Special Projects
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do? CNN Special Projects produces short-form, sponsored packages, segments and articles for CNN, HLN and CNN.com. The group also handles the production of obituaries, the Impact Your World initiative and content used to promote CNN acquisitions including Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown and the CNN Films franchise. What will you be doing? The Special Projects Intern will be charged with assisting Producers, Associate Producers and Editors with production needs. Responsibilities include:
• Maintaining video archives
• Logging interviews/b-roll
• Coordinating the release of content on air and online
• He/she is also called upon to do basic story research (via computer databases and other library resources) and fact-checking.
• In addition to assisting Producers and Associate Producers in the field, Special Projects interns may have opportunities to pitch, write, produce and edit packages, articles and posts.
What do we need from you?
• Strong research, video selection, writing and transcribing skills, with an interest in developing the mechanics of producing across various platforms is desirable.
• We are looking for someone who is a team player, flexible, very organized and has a good sense of time management to join our group.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.