Summer Paid Intern - Newsource Digital
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do? CNN Newsource is the premiere affiliate news service with more than 1000 local news affiliates. From breaking news content across the world, to trending stories for digital sites and mobile platforms, to comprehensive live coverage, to archive footage for productions, CNN Newsource provides the content affiliates need. Newsource Digital focuses on curating, surfacing and creating content for affiliate digital audiences. What will you be doing? The intern for CNN Newsource Digital will participate in the following aspects of the department:
• Curating and clearing images via CNN Rights and Clearances for wire articles
• Gathering regional news stories and content from and for affiliates
• Learning to publish affiliate links on the CNN.com U.S. page
• Creating original text and video content for digital audiences
• Using social media to promote content and services
• Learning about the affiliate business and how to use analytics to drive coverage and story prioritization
What do we need from you?
• Candidate should have an interest in all aspects of digital news media.
• Should be high energy, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, technically solid, strong online and social media skills and be able to function well in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
• Candidate should have strong writing skills and great attention to detail.
• Stellar customer service and strong team work are a must.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship. In addition, students must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship or NO MORE THAN 6 months' post-graduation.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.