Summer Paid Intern - Documentary Unit
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
CNN's Documentary Unit is tasked to produce original documentaries and occasional instant specials. The documentary unit provides in-depth reporting on current affairs by using strong production values combined with long-form storytelling.
What will you be doing?
• Interns will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced unit that puts a premium on a strong work ethic, teamwork and the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
• CNN's Documentary Unit offers the opportunity to work alongside experienced long-form journalists with a passion for great storytelling.
• Interns will have the opportunity to participate in every aspect of television production such as:
• Transcribing tape
• Gathering editorial and video materials, from the script-writing process through edit
• Assist the editorial staff in developing material for our Web site and fulfilling obligations to the network.
• Organizing visual elements
• Setting up shoots
• Basic story research and fact-checking
• Assist editors with tape producing, post-production and may have the opportunity to participate in local shoots.
What do we need from you?
• Some exposure to television production
• Basic research skills
• Proven interest in journalism and current affairs
• Prefer students majoring in Film and Television or Journalism
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship. In addition, students must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship or NO MORE THAN 6 months' post-graduation.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.