Summer Paid Intern - Digital Trending Team
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
The trending team is a new addition to CNN Digital
• We're a crack team of highly driven storytellers with one goal: Stories that sing, infographics that awe, and content that's smartly packaged; socially shared and spark conversations.
• We don't do trending stories. We make stories trend
• We don't do pyramid style. We do eye-popping visuals
• We don't do status quo. We dream up inspired initiatives
• You will jump on stories that trending. You'll get points for finding pre-viral stories. And you will experiment and innovate with angles, approaches and formats.
What are we looking for?
• Someone who has an insatiable curiosity
• Someone who has voice, verve and vision
• Someone whose writing is edgy, not stodgy; smart, not stale
• Someone who lives on social media
• Someone who thinks with the mobile audience in mind
• Someone who is equally comfortable writing about weighty world matters and silly Facebook memes
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender