Summer Paid Intern - Digital News
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
The CNN Digital News team reports, writes and publishes the top U.S. and world news stories to an audience of millions on the world's leading brand in the digital news space. We take a multi-media storytelling approach, emphasizing photos, videos, embedded social elements etc. We work with journalists across CNN - and around the world - to generate breaking and distinct news content for a range of CNN Digital platforms.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborating with talented journalists who focus on breaking U.S. and world news
• Dazzling a global audience with clear writing, vivid visuals and social savvy
• Fine-tuning editorial judgment in a fast-paced hotbed of energy and news
• Writing on deadline - Innovating - Having fun
What do we need from you?
• Experience writing on deadline, preferably for a digital news publication
• Strong editorial judgment
• Social savvy
• Creative storytelling approaches that transcend words
• A hunger to learn and grow
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.