Summer Paid Intern - Digital Design
Full Time Paid Internship
What part will you play?
The Intern Designer is an entry-level Designer with at least two years of design college and requires mentoring in all aspects of design conception and implementation
What will you be doing?
Design related skills:
• Still learning best practices
• Some level of design experience is expected as part of the learning process. Constant improvement is expected, learns from mistakes.
• Understands own area of expertise and own limitations
• Competent with relevant design tools
• Interested in learning about CNN Digital's product development processes
• Implements ideas of others
• May come up with a creative addition to proposed implementation Scope and influence
• May work on production- all levels (Creative Directors through Associate Designers) are expected to work on production and delivery.
• Work on tasks are well defined, or small, well-defined projects
• Typically works very closely with mentor or supervisor and work is monitored in frequent checkpoints - Focus on individual screen elements and features
• Influences immediate design team
What do we need from you?
• Communication Skills
• Good learner. Open-minded, willing to benchmark and research before making up mind. Always ready to listen to advice. Comfortable seeking advice. Will not allow themselves to remain confused for long without asking for help.
• Seeks opportunities to learn presentation skills/practice
• Will write what is needed as described in the assignments
• Speaks up. Communicates roadblocks. Can effectively communicate project status.
• Is an active listener
• Planning and estimation - Works closely with direct supervisor to plan work
• Pro-actively raises workload issues with manager Audience Awareness
• Learning about the importance to consider audience needs Business
• No prior business understanding expected
• Working on Bachelors degree
• Typically has 2-3 years of college
• Strong visual portfolio
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender