Summer Paid Intern - Digital Business Development
CNNNew York, GA
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
The CNN Business Development and Partnerships team creates new ways of driving incremental revenue and audience across all platforms for CNN Digital Worldwide. The commerce team specifically focuses on generating revenue through the CNN Store and Underscored, an online commerce website dedicated to providing readers with the best products and services to shop from around the Internet.
What will you be doing?
As an intern on the Business Development team, your time would mainly be dedicated to assisting the commerce team on the day-to-day production of Underscored. These tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Researching top-rated products from across the web-Conducting photo research and re cropping images for articles
• Helping the commerce team with pitching, writing, and producing additional content as needed
• Organizing and analyzing data on the Underscored audience-
• Performing industry analysis
What do we need from you?
• Candidates should be passionate about writing/the digital space, self-motivated, able to multitask, and function in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
• The ideal candidate is a strong writer who is organized, has the ability to problem solve and has a genuine interest in studying data and can effectively communicate informative findings to his or her team.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.