Summer Paid Intern - CNNi Production
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer 2018 Intern - CNNi (International) Production
What does our department do?
CNN International is the largest international news network. CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news network in the world. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. CNN International has an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to the newsgathering cycle.
What will you be doing?
• In production, the CNNI intern will become knowledgeable in learning how to set up a script with tape and write using CNN's database.
• Interns will learn how to use CNN's tape database to locate tapes for packages and sound bites for air.
• In the field, interns will have the opportunity to accompany producers on stories.
• It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in future meetings.
• Interns may book and greet show guests and assist in basic administrative tasks.
• Interns may have the opportunity to participate in how show ideas are developed, how videotape is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• Interns may also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers. Interns' schedules vary and may include week and weekend work.
What do we need from you?
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.