Summer Paid Intern - CNNi Newsource
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer 2018 Intern - CNNi (International) Newsource
What does our department do?
International Newsource is CNN's department handling the news relationships, newsgathering and distribution of video to and from partner broadcasters outside the United States - our International affiliates. CNN International has an opportunity to gain insider's knowledge of the network-affiliate newsgathering and business relationships.
What will you be doing?
Among the areas of focus for this internship:
• Gathering and distributing material to affiliates
• Programming of live signals for affiliate use
• Establishing live on-location field reporting
• Broadcast script-writing and package production
• Providing affiliates with file video needs
• Essential customer service component of a syndicated news service
International Newsource also sponsors the CNN Journalism Fellowship. This fellowship invites international journalists from member networks around the world to Atlanta. The intern will help support the program and the journalists in field productions, meetings and workshops.
What do we need from you?
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
• Strong interest in international affairs.
• Bi-lingual or Multi-lingual skills strongly preferred.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.