Summer Paid Intern - CNNe Alternative Media
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
• CNN en Español is a 24-hour Spanish language news network for the Latin America audience.
• CNN en Español provides continuous news reports of major world events and breaking news stories as and when they happen.
What will you be doing?
• CNN en Español's Alternate Media department is looking for an intern with a strong passion for digital media.
• During the internship, the student will learn the basics of radio and video production, web edition, and social media in a hands-on approach working with our production team.
• Interns may also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers.
• Intern schedules vary and may include some weekend work.
What do we need from you?
• Basic knowledge of web editing, social media, video and audio editing are required.
• Candidates should be fluent in Spanish and English and seeking a career in broadcast journalism
• Should be self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.