Summer Paid Intern - Bureau
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer Intern - CNN (SE) Bureau
What does our department do?
The Southeast Bureau (located in Atlanta) manages the Southeast Region which includes the Miami and Dallas Bureaus.
Southeast Region consists of the following states (and DC): GA/FL/AL/MS/LA/TX/OK/AR/TN/SC/NC/VA/MD.
Atlanta Bureau deploys coverage teams for all of the aforementioned states for Breaking News and files stories/live shots for all shows on CNN and other platforms (CNN DIGITAL/HLN/CNNI).
What will you be doing?
• Students may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, including but not limited to: Story research and help support producers/reporters in story development/execution.
• Breaking news (gathering editorial information) and making calls to local authorities in Southeast Region.
• Go into the field to help support coverage teams.
• Will be tasked to gather MOS with PJs.
• Observe edit sessions and help identify/gather archived materials from Library.
• Make dubs/log tape, etc.
• Work with other platforms (dot.com/HLN, etc.).
What do we need from you?
• Communications/Journalism majors preferred.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.