Summer Intern - TV Research
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
• Turner seeks a talented and ambitious collegiate intern to be part of the CNN TV Research team CNN TV Research provides data and insights on consumers who view CNN & HLN programming
• The team blends primary and secondary research to help a variety of internal and external stakeholders sell and promote our networks
• The ideal candidate is a storyteller who is comfortable with different kinds of data The ideal intern should have an eye for detail and accuracy
What will you be doing?
• Create data analyses to evaluate performance of current programs, networks and the general media landscape
• Collect, analyze and summarize data from primary and secondary sources for regular and ad hoc reporting and creating and maintaining various databases and standard reports.
• Use software applications (such as: Nielsen, Arianna, MRI, Star Media, etc.) that extract data from primary and syndicated sources.
• Identify key industry trends and research for insights into the state of digital advertising
• Create breaking news and live event performance analyses.
• Maintain trackers to keep track of new records and maintain historical rankers
What do we need from you?
• Knowledge, interest and passion of TV, News, and Media Ability to master new software
• Solid math skills and must be comfortable with numbers and data
• Strong written and verbal communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Excel, as well as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
• Solid problem-solving skills, organized, and astute attention to detail
• An insightful mind that can find the narrative in disparate sets of data
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective relationships with internal and external team members
• Results driven and highly self-motivated Ability to effectively multi-task and work on several time sensitive deliverables
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.