Summer Intern - Ad Sales Research
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
Turner seeks a talented and ambitious collegiate intern to be part of the CNN Ad Sales Research team. This role supports Sales and Marketing in communicating the value of CNN across platforms to the advertising marketplace. This intern will learn from CNN Ad Sales Research Managers in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a storyteller who is comfortable with different kinds of data. The ideal intern should have an eye for detail and accuracy.
What will you be doing?
• Develop a deep understanding of the television and digital ecosystems, and how they intersect
• Learn about the industry of market/advertising research, including key tools like Nielsen, comScore, MRI, and social tools
• Identify key industry trends and research for insights that contribute to the CNN story
• Update category positioning across CNN platforms, including television, digital, and social
• Assist in the positioning of Sales deliverables, including RFP requests, client presentations, Marketing support, and CNN-positioning decks
What do we require from you?
• Undergraduate or graduate student who is majoring in Statistics, Business, Marketing or some related field
• Strong problem-solving skills, organized, and astute attention to detail
• An insightful mind that can find the narrative in disparate sets of data
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective relationships with managers, Sales clients, and internal team members - Results-driven and highly self-motivated
• Ability to effectively multi-task and work on several time-sensitive deliverables
• Comfort Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
• Passion for news and current events
• Some knowledge of the digital and television ecosystems a plus
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know.
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Please Note: - Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided).
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.