CNBCAbu Dhabi, AZ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The role incorporates being a dynamic Studio Assistant in a fast-paced and very demanding live news environment. This is a high profile job where you must consistently perform a wide range of skills to the highest standard contributing to the gallery operations team whilst directing live programming. On occasion there will be a requirement to be part of the operation team for outside broadcast projects. Qualifications/Requirements • Studio floor management
- Greeting and preparing guests to go on-air
- Liaise with talent on ground
- Managing the studio environment, ensuring guests are in the right place on time
• Camera operation
- Operating of Camera/Jib Camera/Robotic Cameras/Hand Held Cameras and Prompter according to show format.
• Live Sound Mixer
- operates audio consoles for 'live' and pre-recorded studio shows
- Guide and prepare guest on microphones, ensure connection to VT sources, external guest sources and music source are in place.
• CG Control
- Preparation of CGs for on-air
- Controlling the Chryon during live programmers
• Studio Directing / Vision Mixer
- Responsible for vision switching during live shows where required.
- Giving anchors on-air cues and controlling timing in between various show sections
- Responsible for changing and resetting studio lights during production
- Responsible to perform basic maintenance and housekeeping of studio equipment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Previous experience of broadcast studio experience, preferably in a live, broadcast environment with the ability to handle pressure of ''live'' broadcast.
• Previous experience in the operation of lighting, camera and sound systems/equipment.
• • Ability to multi-task (operating of multiple and diverse systems and equipment)
• Good knowledge of non-linear systems with a preferred knowledge of Grass Valley Edius systems.
• Able to operate studio cameras in a live to news environment
• Excellent communication skills and able to work well with people.
• Ability to pace and prioritize workload while working on several projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
• Flexible and able to work shifts (including early morning shift) and in weekends when necessary.
• Good PC skills
• English is essential, Arabic would be beneficial.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.