This was removed by the employer on 1/7/2018 6:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Technical Operator jobs in London-UK
Search all Technical Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Operator? Responsibilities This is a multi-skilled gallery role in a fast-paced and very demanding live news environment. The Technical Operator position is a high profile job and operators must consistently perform a wide range of skills to the highest standard. Qualifications/Requirements KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mixing and monitoring studio sound during live transmission.
• Communicate with MCR on a regular basis when establishing any fixed camera/satellite links and correcting satellite guests camera framing.
• Playing multiple program VT material using our Grass Valley playout system Stratus Rundown.
• Prepare microphone allocation.
• Meet greet and mic up studio guests.
• Move camera pedestals as requested.
• Responsible for basic health and safety measures.
• First port of call to aid talent or fix issues while on-air.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
• This role would suit somebody that has recently graduated with an appropriate media qualification or is in the early stages of a broadcast career.
• An understanding of the language of television news, and of the grammar of television.
• Knowledge and ability to follow strict Health and Safety guidelines.
• Good interpersonal skills and special awareness.
• Adaptable, flexible approach with the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work shifts is essential.
This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to carry out any other tasks as requested and within capabilities. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.