CNBCAbu Dhabi, AZ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The role incorporates being a dynamic Studio Director in a fast-paced and very demanding live news environment, as well as running the gallery, studio and all technical aspects of the bureau. This is a high profile job where you must consistently perform a wide range of skills to the highest standard, and be able manage the gallery team, editorial expectations and OB crew. The Studio Director role will report to the Director of Technical Operations, EMEA and will be based in Abu Dhabi. Qualifications/Requirements Team Management
• Supervision of a Technical Operations team, including duties, development and administration:
- Maintain staff rosters.
- Devise and build vision mixer effects.
- Aid in the design of shows, studio and bureau sets.
- Lead training and coaching of staff and freelancers.
• Light and direct all shows made in the Abu Dhabi Studio.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and members of the senior management team internationally to implement initiatives in both the technical and programming fields.
• Consult and advise on location shoots for News and Creative Solutions as assigned.
• An understanding of all the technical elements of the gallery to allow on the spot trouble shooting and operation if required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Outstanding multi-skilled ability and experience preferably in a live news environment.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to inspire confidence and motivation in others.
• Great communicator and motivator, able to productively manage relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure, make informed decisions very quickly and autonomously.
• Appreciation of lighting techniques, shot composition, basic editing and sound mixing.
• Basic understanding of broadcast engineering & IT infrastructure.
• Potential to expand their ability and performance in line with the growth of our output.
• Patience, organizational skills and good time management.
• Shift work and 'on-call' availability essential.
• English is essential, Arabic would be beneficial.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.