Spring Intern - Technology Program
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD , CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
CNBC Digital Technology Opportunities May Include:
• Architecture & DevOps
• Front-End/Back-End Development
• Quality Assurance
• Interactive Development
• Product Video/OTT Platforms
• Mobile Apps
• Tech Release Management & Support Qualifications/Requirements NBCUniversal interns must meet the following criteria:
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
• Must be able to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ (free shuttle available).
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
***Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Intern's Supervisor and the Talent Acquisition Lead of Campus Programs.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS November 15, 2017 Desired Characteristics *May vary by specific role*
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical skills
• Understanding of core programming principles and design patterns
• Experience with programming languages like Java, PHP and Objective C
• Knowledge of OTT platforms
• Familiarity with mobile application development and MVC
• Understanding of system administration of Unix/Linux environments
• Familiarity with scripting languages, basic networking, and application development servers & methodologies
• An interest in technology as it applies to the media and entertainment industry
CNBC offers Free Shuttle Service & Onsite Gym.