Senior Talent Producer, Squawk Box
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities At CNBC, Senior Talent Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1 - 3 hour show. Responsibilities include:
* Developing and producing live guest segments. Implement work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
* Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
* Conduct pre-interviews of guests and script questions for use by anchors and reporters. Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests
* Write compelling copy and teases.
* Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
* Create stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders. Partner with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
* Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
* Assist Sr. Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings. Qualifications/Requirements *Bachelor's degree
*Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills and telephone communication skills Desired Characteristics Prior experience booking high profile guests and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred. Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure. Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential. Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important. MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus. Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred