CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Production Manager reports to the Director, Production Management and is responsible for forecasting, planning, and coordinating all long-term show production related issues and projects. Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
• Remote production management for network. Conduct sight surveys, vendor hiring, travel arrangements, assemble crew, and coordination with technical department. Must be available to travel with production team for surveys and remote shoots as needed.
• Liaise with show EPs on planning and coordinating future production needs such as events, remote productions, road shows, specials, etc.
• Provide production support to network producers and management on breaking news or special one time programming projects.
• Work with finance team on budgeting launches, special projects and remotes including controlling/negotiating/tracking actual expenditures on these events.
Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor's Degree in Communications or other related field or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of experience in broadcast and/or cable television
• At least 3 years of experience in various production roles; experience with digital technology desired
• Must have some knowledge of transmission and Master Control operations
• Experience coordinating and planning off-site remotes
Desired Characteristics • Experience managing remote production crews a plus
• Experience working with outside vendors and freelance crews
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Self-starter with excellent follow-through ability
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Solid financial acumen; experience with creating and maintaining production budgets
• Available to work nights and weekends
• Available to travel as needed
• Available at all times to coordinate programming and schedule changes with Master Control