Markets Producer, Breaking News
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Welcome to the front seat of the rollercoaster. Steep index drops, hurtling stock takeoffs and g-force inducing changes in market-moving breaking news. Your job is to keep your eyes open, stay calm while others are screaming and broadcast every twist and turn in real-time. As soon as the ride's over, you're looking for the next one. And while you're hunting, you're also pitching in on some more relaxed but none-the-less exciting enterprise projects. Here's your ticket.
As the Markets Producer for Breaking News, responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
* Developing and producing live reporter segments. Implement work independently with guidance from Market Flash Reporter, Desk Editorial leadership and Show Executive Producers.
* Generate original ideas and market ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
* Identify concepts and themes for the reporter, newsdesk and shows and execute accordingly.
* Secure elements such as stock charts, graphics, chyrons and video to support segments.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
* Collaborate with newsdesk and digital counterparts to produce content for all CNBC platforms
* In times of major breaking news – works with Desk to produce content critical to coverage
* Backfill Breaking News producers when needed. Qualifications/Requirements Qualifications/Requirements :
* Minimum of 4 years of experience producing in a live and breaking news television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills and communication skills
* Strong, deep knowledge of markets
* Bachelors degree
*Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!