Consumer & Health Editor
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities CNBC is looking for an experienced Consumer & Health Editor to expand and develop our digital coverage of corporate news. Working in close collaboration with the Assistant Managing Editor and a team of reporters, the Editor will help set priorities and assign and edit articles, focusing on both quick-hitting, breaking news short stories, as well as in-depth features.
of the Consumer & Health Editor could include, but are not limited to:
• Develop a vision for extending the CNBC corporate news coverage beyond the daily news cycle and generate a broad content plan to deliver on that vision.
• Generate story ideas, collaborate with, and guide a team of writers and contributors, including on-air talent and guests.
• Edit and format copy, including the addition of graphical elements, videos, polls, and other multimedia elements to maximize engagement.
• Coordinate with digital team and television news staff on planning and publishing schedules.
• Coordinate with social media team to actively manage engagement and distribution over social media networks.
• Promote CNBC corporate news content with the network and broader digital audiences to maximize visibility on internal and external distribution platforms.
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed. Qualifications/Requirements Qualifications/Requirements:
• 5 years of experience as a writer and/or editor including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Reporting and/or editing experience should include general corporate news or experience with coverage of one or more of the following industries: retail, consumer products, food and beverage, restaurants, automotive, airlines and transportation, and/or health care, preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills as well as excellent news judgment.
• Proven ability to edit and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment. Desired Characteristics Desired Characteristics:
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about internet story-telling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Web production experience a strong plus.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.