CNBCAbu Dhabi, AZ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The role incorporates being a dynamic Studio & ENG Cameraman in a fast-paced and highly demanding live news environment, as well as contributing to the general operations of the gallery, studio and all technical aspects of the bureau. This role will need to consistently perform a wide range of skills to the highest standard, and manage requirements and issues in remote locations. The role will work closely with the gallery team and meet editorial expectations; it will report to the Studio Director and be based in Abu Dhabi. Qualifications/Requirements • Responsible for all camera operations within the studio environment as well as external ''live'' events and pre-recorded long form content.
• Operate live and pre-recorded on-location ENG field camera that includes rigging of lights, connecting telephone IFB and Co-ord lines as well as the operation of ''LiveU'' remote connectivity and systems.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and members of the senior management team internationally to implement initiatives in both the technical and programming fields.
• Lead and direct on location shoots for News and Creative Solutions as assigned.
• Setup and operate LiveU for live streaming or file transfer
• Organize and liaise with external service provider for live transmission link when required
• Perform non-linear video editing that involves file transfer
• Basic maintenance of broadcast and office equipment
• Perform local and/or overseas' assignments with shift work and over-time when required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Outstanding multi-skilled ability and experience preferably in a live news environment.
• Extensive experience in ENG field camera work with skills in lighting techniques.
• Solid experience in live outside broadcast requirements.
• Proficiency in non-linear video editing software – Grass Valley Edius systems preferred.
• Previous experience in executing file transfer with fundamental knowledge of various file formats and conversion.
• Ability to work under pressure, make informed decisions very quickly.
• Leadership skills and the ability to inspire confidence in others.
• Ability to show initiative and strong analytical skills at troubleshooting to resolve technical issues.
• Potential to expand their ability and performance in line with the growth of our output.
• Patience, organizational skills and good time management.
• Shift work and 'on-call' availability essential.
• Able to assume overseas' ad-hoc assignments on short notice.
• English is essential, Arabic would be beneficial.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.