Business Director - China Market
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Role Summary:
The Business Director will be responsible for delivery of the China team advertising sales revenue target. He/she will demonstrate leadership through managing and driving the individual team members to hit their objectives, collecting and sharing market intelligence, creative ideas and knowledge with team but also through actively contributing to the team revenue target through their own senior contact database. Qualifications/Requirements Essential Responsibilities:
• Management of the China Ad Sales Team, providing development, support and guidance.
• Provide regular updates with regards to team activity to the Regional Director, North Asia
• To work with each team member to ensure their individual sales targets are on track for success.
• To meet specified quarterly / annual revenue goals for CNBC Asia, CNBC International & CNBC.com
• To generate new client revenues and maximize client retention for CNBC & cnbc.com in China
• To work with the creative solutions team to ensure that you are proposing the ''best possible solution'' to the client's brief that is targeted, bespoke and demonstrates a clear understanding of the clients business and advertising/communication needs.
• Support the global sales team effort by providing information and account support where appropriate to secure global advertisers.
• Manage client and agency relationships and oversee both clients and agencies of current and targeted accounts.
• To undertake accurate and timely reporting as required for CNBC Management.
• To manage and limit cost of sale expenditure in client packages whilst still providing creative, cost efficient solutions for your clients.
• To propose CNBC events – bespoke or otherwise wherever possible, when it makes sense for the client and for CNBC.
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 5 years of media sales experience, preference for candidates with experience in media or TV in China.
• 3 years' experience of team or big scale event management is a must
• Must have profound understanding of government relations and practices, plus good contacts with a proven tracking record of success. Good relationship with central government level of bureaus/companies or project/events experience at the national level is a plus. Must be able to demonstrate results by meeting sales targets.
• Experience leading and managing people; demonstrated success in this area
• Experience managing Accounts and delivering strong year on year growth in sales and margin.
• Experience of working on digital with a good knowledge and understanding of digital sales.
• Ability to demonstrate previous examples of outstanding creativity that won the campaign.
• Strong understanding of branded content across TV & digital.
• Excellent presentation skills - in both creation and presentation to large groups of people.
• Must have a good understanding of the sales cycle, being able to connect with and understand client needs.
• Must be nimble with the ability to work to deadlines in a dynamic market and work a flexible schedule to meet client and sales requirements
• Excellent communication and influencing skills - ability to listen and tailor plans to customer's needs.
• Proven ability to work across functions and influence colleagues and work within a team.
• Willingness to travel frequently within the PRC and across the Asia Pacific region (when necessary)
• Fluency in English and Mandarin (written and spoken)
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Good knowledge/contacts or working experience of the business and management practices of state-owned companies would be a plus
• Proven ability for coordination, working flexibility and having a proactive attitude is a plus.